Every business could capitalize on the advantages of Independent Energy. Solar panels are a gateway to a companies freedom of increasing Utility Rates! We are certain your business will see the positive impact immediately.
- Reduce Utility Expense
- Increased Cash Flow
- Fixed Rate Financing (ask for info)
- Illinois Adjustable Block Program (IL State Incentive)
- 26% Federal Tax Credit
- MACRS Depreciation (property asset)
- Low Risk/High Rate of Return on Investment (3-5 years)
- Positive Brand Image
Does Your Business Qualify for Solar?
Financial Incentives of Commercial Solar
Illinois Shines Program
- This program was established by the Future Energy Jobs Act and managed by the Illinois Power Agency to support and encourage solar growth in Illinois. This program is aimed at increasing the state's Clean and Renewable Energy Consumption. Utility customers are funding this program, let us show you. Submit a Request for more info!
26% Federal Investment Tax Credit
- The 26% Tax Credit is available for all business owners that pay taxes. This credit is a $1 for $1 on your Net Liability. For simple math, if your project cost is $100,000, then your Tax Credit is $26,000. You (the business owner) needs to pay $26,000 in taxes to claim the credit in 1 year. This Credit can be split in half and claimed in 2 years. Submit a Request for more info!
MACRS Depreciation for Businesses
- The Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) is a method of depreciation in which a business will receive a percentage of the initial investment cost of tangible property (solar panels) through annual deductions. This can be combined with the 26% ITC in for most business structures. Submit a Request for more info!
Property Tax - Illinois
- Illinois offers a special property tax assessment for solar. The alternative valuation will be the lesser of two values: the value of a conventional heating and cooling system, or the value of the solar energy system, whichever is less. If you wish to have your property valued this way you should file a PTAX-330 Property Tax Form with your local County Assessor's Office. Submit a Request for more info!
Property Tax - Missouri
- Missouri's property tax exemption for solar states that solar energy systems not held for resale are exempt from all state, local, and county property taxes. Submit a Request for more info! Source Energy.Gov